August 29, 2019
The arrival of fall doesn’t mean that you have to pack up your summer clothes right away. With a few simple tips, you can get more mileage out of your summer wardrobe before you have to pack it up for winter.
Five tips to transition your summer wardrobe to fall:
- Layer appropriately. Layering is the easiest way to get a little more life out of your summer clothes. Mild fall weather is the perfect time to layer your summer tops with a cardigan, jacket, or blazer for extra warmth and style. Take your favorite summer t-shirt and pair it with a denim jacket. Layer a cardigan over a printed tank for a new look. Or pair a blazer with a striped shirt for a business casual setting.
- Add tights. Summer’s dresses can be worn in the fall, by adding a pair of fun colored tights and short boots. The addition of tights and boots will keep your legs nice and warm. It’s also a great way to add a touch of fall color to your outfit.
- Change your accessories. Swap your straw handbag for a leather (or pleather) option. Change out your delicate jewelry for chunkier pieces. Add a scarf or hat to plain t-shirts for extra visual interest and warmth.
- Update your make-up. Switch your soft, pastel summer colors for fall’s darker, warmer colors. Fall is also a great time to try out a statement lip color.
- Start wearing boots. The minute the weather drops I start reaching for my boots. A simple change of shoe from a sandal to a boot is a great way to take white jeans from summer into fall.