May 22, 2017
The summer season is approaching fast, which means it’s time to assemble my summer capsule wardrobe. But before I write my shopping list, first I want to know what the fashion trends are for 2017. I’ve come across a few trend lists during my searching
- 11 Best summer fashion trends to shop right this moment
- Spring/Summer 2017 fashion trends: The 7 looks you need to know
- 28 Spring/Summer 2017 trends
- 321,000 People want to wear these 8 summer trends—Do you?
The last link asks a very good question—would I really wear these trends? Well, it really depends on the trend itself. With multiple Summer Trend lists and Summer Must Have’s to consider, the first thing I like to do is create my personal list of my favorite trends for the season. For Summer 2017, 5 trends have not only caught my eye, but have also been added to my summer capsule wardrobe:
- Exposed Shoulders. I’ve been holding off on the exposed shoulder trend for a while now, but with summer’s hot days approaching fast, it’s the perfect time to give this look a try. I’ve picked up 2 new tops, 1 cold shoulder and 1 off the shoulder top. My tops are not available online but this cold shoulder one and this off the shoulder one are similar to mine.
- Cargo Pocket Capri. The athleisure look is still going strong, and these knit waist cargo pocket capri’s will let me give this look a try. Since I’m not a fan of sporting shorts, even on the hottest of days, the thin material of these capri’s is ideal for giving me leg coverage without extra warmth. I picked these up in white.
- Adidas Superstar Sneaker. I’ve lost count of the number of outfits I’ve pinned that had superstar sneakers as part of the look. I went with the classic black stripe for a high contrast vibe. These pair perfectly with the cargo pocket capris.
- Platform Espadrilles. When I think summer one of the first things I think of is espadrilles. I’ve already picked these up in the color “new tan leather.” They are very comfortable, the platform gives height without tiring out my arches, and the slight toe coverage is forgiving on those days when I’m too lazy to keep up with a pedicure.
- Crochet Details. Another feature that I always think of for summer is crochet. The crochet detail of this cardigan is similar to mine.
Here are the exact pieces I’m adding to my summer capsule wardrobe:
How will you incorporate the trends of the season into your Summer 2017 Capsule Wardrobe?