(This is a photo heavy post.)
May 8, 2017
Spring Break, Easter Break, Memorial Day, Summer Vacations, Fourth of July, and more, the traveling season in the US is already here. Before I could enjoy the view above, first I had pack what I wanted to bring. Here is what I packed for a 5-day, 4-night beach getaway (Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA) by plane using 1 checked bag and 1 carry-on bag.
I’m someone who runs cold easily, even 80F weather isn’t always warm enough for me to wear shorts. To ensure I would be comfortable I included both cropped pants and shorts for my trip. You’ll notice a few tags on new things I purchased for this trip. I’m thinking these new additions will be a great starting point when I assemble my summer capsule wardrobe in a few weeks. But back to what I packed:
- 2 pullovers (1 3/4 sleeve and 1 long sleeve)
- 1 striped hoodie
- 2 tanks tops
- 5 T-shirts (4 short sleeve and 1 long sleeve)
- 1 cropped cargo pants
- 1 cropped jeans
- 3 shorts (1 chino, 1 denim, 1 fleece to lounge in)
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 6 pairs of socks (I use them instead of slippers because tile floors are cold!)
- 1 baseball hat (for lazy hair days)
- (not shown) 2 Bras and 6 pairs of underwear (I always pack an extra pair)
You’ll notice one thing I didn’t pack, was dressy clothes. This was a casual trip, with days lounging around or visiting the zoo, and lots of time on the beach! Which meant I also packed a beach capsule. Here’s what I packed and took with me on the beach:
And don’t forget about the essentials that went into my checked bag.
For the essentials, you’ll notice I didn’t pack any make-up or heat styling tools. I blow dry, and flat iron or curl my hair often and I wear make-up daily. For this trip I decided to give my face and my hair a break.
- Hair caps, dry shampoo, shampoo and conditioner, leave in frizz cream, blister band-aids (as I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I don’t travel without these in my bag)
- Razors, shaving cream, facial sunscreen, q-tips, deodorant, Advil, toothpaste
- Body lotion, L’Oreal Sublime Bronze self tanner (it’s my favorite, see the color I get below)
- Floss, concealer, hair ties, brush, tweezers, lint roller
- 2 toiletry bags
- Quest protein bars
Here’s the color I get with the L’Oreal Sublime Bronze self tanner. This is after 3 applications and the color lasts a week before it rubs off. I adore this stuff, I’m very pale and this gives me a nice shade of golden brown, without making me look orange or like I’m wearing a fake tan.
This is a photo heavy post so in my next post I’ll show you what I wore on the plane, what went inside my travel tote, my pre-planned outfits for this trip, and maybe even another photo from the beach!
What do you pack for a beach getaway?
Interested in reading more about packing for a trip? Check out these previous posts:
- Packing For A Long Weekend
- Packing For Work And Play
- Packing For A Holiday By Car
- Five Favorite Tips For Packing
- Packing For A Shorter Trip (Week 27)
- Packing For A Longer Trip (Week 26)
- Vacation Shopping (Week 24)
(This post is not sponsored.)