February 13, 2017
With the arrival of spring merchandise in the stores, I really want to go shopping. But before I do I’m going to prep my wardrobe for the arrival of new additions by following the 5-steps outlined above. This process will be a 3-part series:
- Part One I’ll review, edit, and shop my closet for my Spring and Summer Capsule Wardrobes.
- Part Two I’ll write my shopping list and go shopping for my Spring and Summer Capsule Wardrobes.
- Part Three I’ll review what I purchased and how I am planning to wear some of the new things I’ve added to my Spring and Summer Capsule Wardrobes.
Now onto the fun!
Part One-Review, Edit, and Shop My Closet
Here’s what my spring and summer capsule wardrobe looked like before I did my closet edit.
My closet edit was performed in two waves. During wave 1, I tried everything on. Anything that didn’t fit, was worn out, or I’m simply tired of was put in the donate bag. During wave 2, I compared what I had left, with my goals for my personal style this upcoming spring and summer season. My old wardrobe had a lot of black, which is not the most flattering color on me. I removed most, but not all, of the black pieces so that I can shift to a new core neutral color. My style has also moved away from prints this year, therefore, anything with a print that wasn’t a stripe I donated.
After my closet edit I had 18 empty hangers and plenty of shelf space. Does this mean I can run out and buy 18 new things? Nope! Instead I first shopped my Fall Capsule Wardrobe for pieces that I could carry-over into spring. I was able to add 11 pieces from my Fall Capsule Wardrobe, into my spring capsule.
In my next post I’ll write my shopping list and go shopping for my Spring and Summer Capsule Wardrobe.
Interested in more closet prepping for spring and summer capsule wardrobes? Here’s what I’ve done in the past to prep my spring and summer capsule wardrobes:
- Spring Fling
- Updating A Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe-Part Three
- Updating A Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe-Part Two
- Updating A Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe-Part One (Month 4)
Do you prep your wardrobe for the upcoming season?