April 11, 2016
I mentioned in this post, that my area has a cold and wet spring, which prevents me from purchasing clothing from spring collections. But after many months of winter weather, I still want to feel like it is spring. Instead of purchasing spring collection clothing, which has lightweight pieces that will not keep me warm, I use neutrals, lighter colors and flower prints to give my outfits a spring-like vibe. Above are ten pieces I sport often during spring months.
Here’s a closer look at what I bought and why:
- 3 Jeans: White, black, blue. I wear a lot of denim and the easiest way for me to lighten up my outfits is to start adding in some white.
- White LS T and Navy Knit: Both of these pieces are good for layering under jackets and blazers, and since they are not black or grey, lighten up an outfit.
- Grey Booties: Again I lighten up the footwear, by swapping out black for grey. And since it’s still a boot, I’m able to keep my feet warm and dry when it rains.
- Denim Jacket and Green Jacket: I use this lighter weight jackets all spring and summer as a topper for layered outfits. I simply swap out the long sleeves for short sleeves as the weather continues to warm up.
- White/Grey Color Block Sweater/Jumper: This pullover doesn’t have any black in it, but is thick enough to keep me warm on a rainy day.
- Flower Print Scarf: The easiest way to add some spring into a wardrobe is with an accessory, in this case, a scarf that keeps my neck warm, but the flowers are a nod to spring.
And below are 3 outfits using these items.
How do you add a little spring into your wardrobe?