November 1, 2015
I’ve just completed week 4 of The DH Closet Challenge Part II-Wardrobe Refinement. As I stated during the Week 3 check-in, for Week 4 my goal was to NOT add anything to my working closet. And I am happy to report, that I did not. Yay, progress!
I still have 49 items after Week 4 and here’s the list:
- 2 Vest (gear) (no change)
- 1 Pullover Fleece (gear) (no change)
- 2 Blazers (no change)
- 10 Knits (no change)
- 5 T-Shirts (no change)
- 2 LS T’s (no change)
- 7 Jeans (one was used as gear) (no change)
- 1 Trousers (Business Capsule; no change)
- 1 Button down shirt (no change)
- 1 Blouse (Business Capsule; no change)
- 2 Scarves (no change)
- 4 Tanks (no change)
- 4 Thermals (no change)
- 1 Cardigan (no change)
- 1 Hoodie (no change)
- 2 Ponchos (no change)
- 3 Pullovers/Sweaters (no change)
But here’s a tougher question, was I able to leave my wardrobe alone?
Umm, sort of?
I know, now what kind of answer is that? You see, although I did not add or remove anything from my wardrobe during Week 4, that doesn’t mean that I was not THINKING about doing so. Every time I walked into my closet, I looked at the right side. This is the side dedicated to the boutique during the DH Closet Challenge. I’ve just completed my first month of the The DH Closet Challenge Part II-Wardrobe Refinement, and the boutique still has 67 items in it.
Here’s what’s happened to the boutique during the first month:
- Week 1 = 102 items
- Purged/returned 7 unworn items = 95 items
- Week 2 = 85 items (added 10 to the working wardrobe)
- Week 3 = 67 items (added 18 to the working wardrobe)
- Week 4 = 67 items (no change)
In my next post I’m going to address why I kept looking at the boutique this past week.
Are you always thinking about your wardrobe?