October 18, 2015
I’ve just completed Week 2 of The DH Closet Challenge Part II-Wardrobe Refinement. After week one, I added 21 items to my working wardrobe. Of these pieces, I already had 7 bottoms. Therefore for week two, my goal was to focus on only adding tops. Of course, life likes to throw curve balls and I had a last minute business trip, which meant sporting a business outfit. My business trousers are usually kept in a separate closet, since they are not worn weekly. The tops and blazers from my business capsule, I try to pair with jeans to increase their use so these pieces are part of my fall/winter (or spring/summer) wardrobes. Of course, storing clothing in separate closets makes it easy to forget I own the item. Not a good idea.
This time I’m going to fold in the business clothing as I sport the pieces.
I have 31 items after week two:
- 1 Vest (gear) (no change)
- 1 Pullover Fleece (gear) (no change)
- 2 Blazers (added 1)
- 6 Knits (added 2)
- 3 T-Shirts (added 1)
- 1 LS T’s (a new line item for this week)
- 7 Jeans (one was used as gear) (no change)
- 1 trousers (Business Capsule; this is a new line item for this week)
- 1 button down shirt (a new line item for this week)
- 1 blouse (Business Capsule; this is a new line item for this week)
- 1 Scarf (no change)
- 3 Tanks (added 1)
- 1 Thermal (no change)
- 1 Cardigan (no change)
- 1 Hoodie (a new line item for this week)
I added a total of 10 items for week two. For week three, my plan is to remix everything I already have and not add anything from the boutique. Of course, I see another curve ball that I’ll talk about in next week’s recap.
Do you try to remix your Business clothing with your casual wardrobe?