October 4, 2015
- Shoes: 20 pairs (added 1 pair of booties from vacation/holiday shopping)
- Business and Special Occasion Capsule: 10 items (no change since last check-in)
- Beach/Swim Capsule: 8 items (no change since last check-in)
- Lounge/Sleep Capsule: 12 items (updated but no increase in total number)
- Spring/Summer Wardrobe: 58 items (added 2 shirts and 1 pullover from vacation/holiday shopping since the last check-in)
- Fall/Winter Wardrobe: 65 items (no change since the last check-in)
Now I’ll take a closer look at where my current wardrobe is at for size.
Crunching the numbers
My current wardrobe total is 173 items.
To use 80% of this wardrobe only 35 item should sit unworn. My least used capsules are business and special occasion, and beach/swim. These two capsules make up 18 items, or 10.4% of my wardrobe.
Wrapping Up The 80/20 Wardrobe Challenge
Overall it appears that I do use the majority of my clothes. However, when I refer to point number 5 of The 80/20 Wardrobe Challenge:
5. 80% clothing category: items worn throughout the season, regularly.
Regular use defined as at least two times a month for the given season.
I realize that I don’t always sport an item twice in a given month for the season. Often I reach for favorite items again and again, and I let less favorite items sit. I think my wardrobe could still use a little refinement.
And that means, a new wardrobe challenge! Or a repeat of one anyway.
In my next post, I’m going to start The DH Closet Challenge Part II-Wardrobe Refinement.
Have you ever repeated a wardrobe challenge?