July 23, 2015
In my last post, I refreshed my spring/summer capsule wardrobe. A lot of items were added and donated. Now it’s time to look at how this affected the size of my spring/summer capsule wardrobe.
The last time I checked in on my spring/summer capsule wardrobe, I had 48 items.
Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe
55 items in my spring/summer capsule wardrobe
- 9 bottoms (jeans, trousers and shorts; donated 1 jean, added 1 cargo trouser and 1 black crop jean, 2 jeans from my fall/winter wardrobe were added, giving these items a chance to work double duty now) (the 2 trousers added during this refresh will be added to the business capsule wardrobe totals)
- 12 toppers (this includes: pullover sweaters, blazers and cardigans; added 1 blazer, 1 cardigan, and 1 poncho; donated 1 cardigan)
- 1 hoodie (added 1 item, new category)
- 4 knits (3/4 or LS, for layering; donated 1 knit)
- 5 gear items (2 jeans, 2 hoodies, 1 t-shirt; added 2 tops, donated 1 t-shirt and 1 hoodie; no change for total item number)
- 7 shirts/blouses (added 2; purged 3)
- 9 SS T’s/Tops (added 2 printed t-shirts, added 3 solid tops; purged 1 t-shirt and 1 shell)
- 2 tanks (added 1 tank and purged 1 tank; no change for total item number)
- 4 scarves (added 1 scarf, increased by 1)
- 2 workout gear (top and bottom; no change; not shown in the closet photo; no change)
- 0 dresses (purged 1 dress; removing category)
Overall, I increased my spring/summer capsule wardrobe by 7 items, eep! In my next post, I’ll check-in on the status of my total wardrobe.
Do you find it easy or hard to stick to a capsule wardrobe size when updating your wardrobe?