April 12, 2015
The problem with focusing on one’s wardrobe is that sometimes, it becomes difficult to stop adjusting. I know for myself, once I get started with adjusting my wardrobe, it’s like pushing a rock from the top of a cliff, it starts rolling and then picks up speed.
Lately I’ve been adjusting some of the capsules in my wardrobe. I recently overhauled my Business/Special Occasion Capsule to make it more cohesive for colors and remixing abilities. I also merged five of these items into my Spring/Summer capsule wardrobe to increase the use of the new additions. However, I’m trying to decrease the size of my total wardrobe. Adding these five new items was pestering me. I added items in, but what did I remove? Nothing! Until now.
I donated the following five items from my Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe:
- Striped Blazer-Every time I reach for this piece, I put it back and grab a solid blazer instead.
- Dress-I’ve never been a dress gal and with my revamped Business Capsule, if an occasion calls for something dressy, I’d rather sport trousers and a blouse.
- Printed T-Shirt X 2-Boht t-shirts are weekend only items. I’d rather keep my t-shirts solid. This way I can layer them under a blazer for work and sport them with a necklace or scarf on the weekends.
- Tank Top-I’m not layering tank tops as often as I used to. Since I had two in my Spring/Summer capsule wardrobe, I’m ok purging one for now.
This brings my Spring/Summer capsule wardrobe back down to 48 items.
Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe
48 items in my spring/summer capsule wardrobe
- 6 bottoms (jeans, trousers and shorts; no change)
- 10 toppers (this includes: pullover sweaters, blazers and cardigans; purged one blazer)
- 5 knits (3/4 or LS, for layering; no change)
- 5 gear items (2 jeans, 2 hoodies, 1 t-shirt; no change)
- 8 shirts/blouses (no change)
- 6 SS T’s/Tops (purged 2 t-shirts)
- 2 tanks (purged one tank)
- 3 scarves (no change)
- 2 workout gear (top and bottom; no change; not shown in the closet photo; no change)
- 1 dresses (purged one dress)
How many items are in your Spring/Summer capsule wardrobe?