September 28, 2014
Now that the Fall French Capsule Challenge has been completed, it’s time for me to return to my entire fall/winter working wardrobe. Since my last check-in, I’ve added 3 items from the boutique to my fall/winter capsule wardrobe, as these were used for the Fall French Capsule Challenge wardrobe. (Wardrobe totals at the bottom of this post)
And I’ve noticed something very unusual for my closet—an empty hanger!
While this may not seem like a big deal to some, it is a HUGE deal to me.
You see, a few years ago, this would never have happened! All of my hangers would be filled. And they would not only be filled, but often have more than one item on the SAME hanger! So to have one empty hanger, is epic to me. Which begs the question, I still have items in the boutique. And I have an empty hanger on the fall/winter side of my closet. Should I add something from the boutique to my fall/winter wardrobe?
I am on week 47 of The DH Closet Challenge and have 58 items for fall/winter:
- 7 bottoms (jeans and trousers)
- 13 toppers (this includes: pullover sweaters, blazers and cardigans)
- 6 knits (used for layering)
- 4 gear items (2 toppers [fleece, hoodie], 1 layering knit [turtleneck] and 1 bottom [jean])
- 1 shirt (for layering)
- 5 LS T’s (for layering)
- 4 tanks (for layering)
- 6 thermal layers
- 5 scarves
- 4 workout items (2 tops and 2 bottoms; not shown in closet photo)
- 3 Short Sleeve Tops/Knits (added from the Fall French Capsule Challenge Wardrobe)
Do you have any empty hangers in your closet?