September 14, 2014
I took one last look at my spring/summer capsule wardrobe and decided to refresh this wardrobe now that it’s the end of the season. Originally I was going to wait until the start of the spring/summer season to update my wardrobe, however, I still have quite a few items left in the boutique, so I figured why not update this wardrobe sooner rather than later.
The photo above was my final spring/summer capsule wardrobe from this post. Out of these items, a few pieces have become worn out and I’m ready to pass them on. I’ve also noticed, despite having a much smaller wardrobe than I’ve had in the past, I still favor some items over others. The items I’ve been passing over all season I’m also going to move on to a new home.
These 7 items are the pieces that I’m tired of or have worn out this past spring/summer season. I find it helpful to review why I’m letting something go, as well as what the CPW/CPU of the item was at the time of the purge.
- Camo Print T-Shirt: I only had this t-shirt for 1 season and it’s already worn out. The fabric has holes in it. Purchased for $23.60. Worn 12 times before getting a hole in the material. CPW/CPU $1.97.
- Devils Print T-Shirt: Another 1 season t-shirt, it’s still in good shape, but I want to shift my wardrobe away from black so I do not reach for this top as often as some others. Purchased for $12.99. Worn 7 times. CPW/CPU $1.86.
- Butterfly Print T-Shirt: A favorite shirt this season, it has gotten holes in the material. Ironically it’s the same brand as the shirt in #1. Purchased for $20.65. Worn 10 times. CPW/CPU $2.07
- Teal Horse Print T-Shirt: This top was a disappointment because it shrunk from washing. Purchased for $20.00. Worn 9 times before shrinkage. CPW/CPU $2.22.
- Black Horse Print T-Shirt: Another black t-shirt that is still in good shape, but I’m trying to shift away from so much black in my summer wardrobe. Purchased for $29.99. Worn 6 times. CPW/CPU $5.00
- White/Black Stripe Blouse: This was an impulse purchase from my favorite sale, last year, and has rarely been worn. I really like the style of this top, but the bold stripes always make me select something else over it. Purchased for $33.98. Worn 5 times. CPW/CPU $6.80.
- Pineapple/Print Hoodie: This was supposed to be a ‘fun’ printed hoodie for summer, but I often felt juvenile in it instead. Purchased for $33.59. Worn 11 times. CPW/CPU $3.05.
- Yellow Trousers: My biggest mistake purchase of this group. These trousers were purchased for a holiday and have rarely been worn. Apparently I’m just not a fan of a cropped length trouser. Purchased for $48.99. Worn 6 times. CPW/CPU $8.17.
Items from the boutique I’m ready to add into my spring/summer wardrobe. Three of these items are recent purchases from a holiday (brown, white and red t-shirts). The rest have sat in the boutique since I started The DH Closet Challenge and are finally added into the spring/summer working closet.
This final photo of this post is my newly just refreshed my spring/summer capsule wardrobe, ready for next year.
Do you refresh your wardrobe before or after the season?