May 11, 2014
In this post, I talked about packing for a long trip to a beachy location (St. Lucia) by airplane. I picked up a number of purchases for that trip discussed here. The travel bug has bitten and I also had a short trip recently (Atlantic City, NJ), with different weather. Here is what I packed for a recent 3 day, two night trip by car, in mild weather (60F daytime, 50F nighttime). Activities included lots of walking during the day and dinner, paired with a movie or a show at night.
What I wore for the car ride (photo above):
Day one: 5 items for arrival (jacket, sweater, tank top, jeans, and boots)
Since we were traveling by car, DH and I shared one large suitcase. It’s the same large suitcase from this post.
This is what I packed and the outfits are discussed:
- Day one: dinner outfit (I repeated for 2 nights) (blazer, dress, I wore the same tank top I used during the day, wedge ballet flats)
- Day two: daytime outfit (mostly walking) (repeat the jacket from the car, striped long-sleeve t-shirt, jeans, repeat the boots from the car)
- Day two: dinner outfit (repeat of the first night, I just swapped the tank to the one that will be worn on departure day)
- Day three: departure again by car (jacket from the car, sweater, tank top from dinner, jeans from the car, boots from the car)
- I used one handbag (not shown) for the entire trip.
- I also packed undergarments, sleepwear and toiletries (not shown).
Do you reuse items for a short trip?