(I started The DH Closet Challenge in November of 2013 therefore I’ll be catching up on my progress to date in a series of posts.)
November 10, 2013
Stats are listed first, observations are listed second.
Stats for Week 1:
- 5 bottoms (dark and mid wash skinny jeans, camo print skinny jeans, black skinny jeans, mid wash bootcut jeans)
- 1 hoodie
- 2 toppers (poncho and fleece -gear for riding)
- 3 knits (grey, leopard, horse print)
- 1 white shirt
- 2 LS T’s
- 3 tanks
- 1 Thermal layer (Uniqlo heattech)
- 1 scarf
- 2 workout outfits (top and bottom)
Observations for Week 1:
- The closet was very bright without all the clothes in there to block the light. And peaceful because there was NO clutter.
- I selected mostly skinny jeans. Knowing that I’ll be heading into winter during the challenge, I prefer to sport jeans tucked into boots in colder months. I did keep one pair of bootcut jeans just to have a little variety.
- I wore less bottoms than I expected. If I had preplanned the week, I would have guessed;7 bottoms and 7 toppers. Instead I noticed I did not mind repeating bottoms for work and the weekend. And I even repeated a pair as riding gear. I don’t expect that to happen too often, but it was nice to reuse a pair of jeans instead of pulling out a separate “riding only” pair.
- It’s not cold enough to layer heavily yet, so I’m not pulling out blazers yet.
- A solid top is very versatile. I repeated the grey knit twice in one week, partially because I could pair a scarf to change up the look.
- Timing of laundry is important. A mid week wash instead of waiting til the weekend, meant I was able to repeat tops more often. I doubt I’ll be able to wash mid week all the time, but it’s something I’m keeping in mind.
- Selecting tops was difficult at first, I wanted to make sure I picked the most versatile one’s so I could keep the overall number small. That felt like cheating, so instead I selected 7 current favorites.
Have you ever participated in a wardrobe challenge?